Back by popular demand: All-around buckle for the Regional Show!
For the second year, we'll be awarding an all-around buckle, generously donated by Cowboy Dressage World! To be eligible to win the buckle, you must take the following tests:
1. A Partnership on the Ground Test
2. A Challenge Court Test
3. An Open Court Test
4. A Musical Freestyle (Walk/Jog, Walk/Jog/Lope, Gaited,or Drill Team)
You can show one or both days, and we'll take your highest score in each of the above categories to calculate your overall score. Freestyles will be Friday only. NOTE: TOTAL POINTS, NOT PERCENTAGES, WILL BE USED TO CALCULATE THE WINNER. Therefore, more difficult tests (with more boxes/possible points) have the potential to score higher than easier tests. View the possible points for each test on the scoresheets here. Within the categories above, choose whichever tests you think you and your horse will do best at!
Entering the Show
CDWCO is taking all show registrations through Equestrian Entries.You’ll only have to enter horse and rider information the very first time you use Equestrian Entries, unless there are changes.
You’ll pay for your entry with a credit or debit card. You’ll be charged a 5% online processing fee (which goes to Equestrian Entries), in addition to your class fees ($25/class for CDWCO members, $30/class for non-members) and a $10 office fee. Please Note: No refunds will be issued unless the show is canceled, or someone from a waiting list can fill your spot.
Fill out the info and choose “Entrant Account.” Click “Register,” and you will receive an email to activate your account. Click on the link, fill in the additional info, and agree to the contract.
2. Once you’ve registered/logged in, you’ll be taken to your HOME SCREEN.
Here you will enter Rider/Owner information.
To input your information: Click on the grey “RIDERS” tab. Click on “NEW RIDER.”
A pop-up window will come up asking a question. Check on “RESPONSIBLE ADULT” (unless you’re a minor) and “OWNER” (unless you don’t own the horse you’ll be riding). Click “NEXT.”
Another window will come up asking for your USEF number. Unless you have one, click “No thanks, I’ll enter the information myself.”
3. Fill out all of the Rider Info and select "JR" (under 18) or "SR" (Over 18). You DO NOT need to fill out the “Membership Info” or “Local/FEI Dressage Memberships” sections. Click “OK.”
4. Click "NEW RIDER" again, IF you want others to be on your account, such as a spouse or a child.
5. Back on your HOME page: If you are NOT the horse’s owner, click on the “OWNERS” tab and add the relevant information.
6. Click on the “HORSES” tab. Click on “NEW HORSE” and assign an owner.
When it asks for your USEF number again, click on “No thanks, I’ll enter the information myself.”
Fill out the horse’s name, year of birth, height, sex, and color (don’t worry about filling out the other info, unless you want to). Do this for each horse you plan to show.
7. Click on the “TRAINER” tab. The responsible adult (usually yourself) is automatically entered as the Trainer, so you shouldn’t have to enter anything else here. Don’t worry about the “Coaches” tab.
8. Once you have filled out all of this info, IT WILL BE SAVED FOR ALL FUTURE EVENTS.
SIGNING UP FOR THE SHOW:
1. "SIGN IN" to your Equestrian Entries account with your username and password. If you have any changes to the information you entered previously (HORSES, RIDERS, etc.), update your profile as described above.
2. Click on the orange “ENTER A SHOW” button.
3. The Show Calendar will open. Scroll to the top and click on the “SORT BY:” drop-down menu to select the MONTH of the show and the STATE of Colorado.
4. Find our CDWCO show, and click on the orange “SIGN UP” button.
5. Select the RIDER (check the box, if interested in volunteering), HORSE, and TRAINER (usually yourself) from the drop-down menus. If you are entering a youth (under 18), you would select yourself (an adult) as the Trainer. Leave “Coach” blank and click on “NEXT STEP.”
6. ENTRIES PAGE
You'll see two separate drop-down menus for Friday and Saturday. Note: The class numbers will be different for the two days of the show. Don't worry about the numbers; just make sure the test description (e.g., "POTG W/W 1") is the class you want to take.
From each drop-down menu: Select the first CLASS you want to enter, and select your DIVISION [Adult Amateur (over 18 and do not receive income from training horses or teaching lessons/clinics), Open (over 18 and receive income from training horses or teaching lessons/clinics), or Junior (17 and under)]. We do not offer any divisions other than these three at our shows. Ignore the "Q?" as it does not apply to our shows. For an explanation of abbreviations, or if you need help selecting classes, see Helpful Tips for Your First Show.
Click "ADD CLASS."
7. Repeat above step to add each desired class. There's a limit of 4 ridden tests per horse per day, but this does not include the new Horsemanship tests because they are so short. You cannot enter Liberty classes unless you have pre-qualified.
The fee will auto-fill. (Please note, the $25/ or $15/class fees are for CDWCO members. If you are NOT a CDWCO member, you’ll be asked to add $5/class later. 2023 membership closed on March 30, but please click here for info on becoming a member next year.)
If you want to ride the same class two or three times, enter the class once, then scroll down and select the same class with "Ride 2" and "Ride 3." For example, if you wanted to ride W/J/L 3 three times on Friday, you'd select "42. W/J/L3," "182. W/J/L 3, Ride 2," and "183. W/J/L 3, Ride 3."
If you are entering Drill Team Freestyle, only one member of the drill team needs to enter/pay. The other member(s) should not sign up on Equestrian Entries. Note: Freestyles will be Friday only.
Click “NEXT STEP.”
8. Answer the question in the red “MANDATORY!” drop-down menu (usually "No"), and then answer the remaining questions on the page, indicating your stabling needs. Stalls are available for $25/night. If you would like a tack stall (also $25/night), email us. There's plenty of room in the aisle to store your tack, so you usually don't need a tack stall, unless you want to have more room and/or lock up your tack. Click “NEXT STEP.”
9. Step 5: Fees and Donations.
If you are NOT a CDWCO member, you must click on the box next to “Non-CDWCO Member Fee ($5/class)” and add the number of classes you signed up for. Failure to do so will result in registration delays.
Optional Fees for Regionals:
Friday Night Pizza (FREE for exhibitors): We'll have a pizza party after the Musical Freestyle Challenge Friday night. This is at no charge to exhibitors, but please check the box if you plan to attend so we can order enough pizza.
Friday Night Pizza (Guest/Non-Exhibitor, $5): Check here and indicate the number of guests (who aren't showing) that you'd like to bring to the pizza party.
High Point Award Sponsorship ($35): We give the most and best awards at our Regional Show, but we couldn't do it without our amazing award sponsors! For $35, you can sponsor a High Point Award of your choice: Challenge or Open Court High Point Awards in Youth, Amateur, or Open Divisions; Musical Freestyle Award (Walk/Jog, Walk/Jog/Lope, Drill Team, or People's Choice); Volunteer Drawing Awards, Partnership on the Ground Award, Silver Award, or Rookie Award. Let us know which award you'd like to sponsor, and we'll be sure to thank you and your business on Facebook, email, our website, and announcements at the show!
Lunch on Friday, Saturday ($5/day): We'll have a main dish (including a vegetarian option), some side dishes/desserts, and beverages each day. If you have special dietary requirements, you may wish to bring your own food. Select "Friday Lunch" and/or "Saturday Lunch." Also include any guests.
RV Hookup ($15/night): Select the number of nights you require.
You can leave “Prize Money Paid To:” blank. Add any special needs/requests, if desired.
10. Step 6: Signature Pages, etc. If you're a 2023 CDWCO member, we already have your forms, which only need to be submitted once per year. If you're not a member and did not participate in a previous show/clinic this year, you'll need to upload your signed CDWCO Liability Release and Media Release, or you can email them to us at CDWColorado@gmail.com. Alternatively, you may bring the signed forms with you to the show.
Name and upload the forms (select type as “Other”). Once you have uploaded each form, go back to your entry and click on the red “include” button for each upload to include it with your entry.
Click “NEXT STEP” and "PROCEED," then "PROCEED" on "USEF Membership Check."
11. Verify that the information on the “SUMMARY” page is correct. Check your classes carefully! Click “SAVE” if you want to leave and come back later, or “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” if you’re ready to check out and submit your entry.
12. Review your fees and click “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.” Enter your credit card information and submit (do NOT click back button). Once you reach the “Payment Received!” screen, you can leave the site. You'll receive an email stating that your entry and payment have been received. If you do NOT receive this email, please notify us immediately at CDWColorado@gmail.com. You can view your entry at any time by clicking on the “SHOW ENTRIES” tab after logging into Equestrian Entries. PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to add or make changes to your classes after submission, DO NOT do it on Equestrian Entries, or you'll be charged additional fees. Email us at CDWColorado@gmail.com with your requested changes (please keep changes to a minimum).
13. After the Show Secretary approves your entry, you’ll receive an email confirming your information. Please click on the link in the email, check over your entry, and click on “Accept” if everything looks good, or “Reject” if changes are needed. Then click “POST.”
14. After show registration has closed, keep an eye on your email for Ride Time assignments.